The Winnetka Northfield Public Library District aspires to be a recognized leader and collaborative partner in our communities, so we are always interested in finding new ways to partner with other community businesses and organizations. Some of our current partnerships include:
- Park Districts: The library is proud to partner with the Winnetka Park District, Northfield Park District, and Kenilworth Park District participating in community-wide events like Books at the Beach, Fall Fest, and Market & Music, offering story times to summer camps and residents, and providing books and resources for afterschool programs.
- Schools: Through our partnerships with local schools, including District 36, District 29, Winnetka Community Nursery School, and Harkness House for Children, the library regularly provides books and resources for school projects, collaborates on summer reading, offers story times, runs books clubs, and participates in school events like STEAM Night and the Winnetka Community Nursery School Children’s Fair.
- North Shore Senior Center: For over 15 years, the library has facilitated book clubs at the North Shore Senior Center and donates books to the NSSC library.
- Alliance for Early Childhood: The library has been a long-time supporter of the Alliance, participating in events like the Preschool Summit and Cardboard Design Experience and partnering to curate the Patricia Wroclawski picture book collection at the Winnetka Library.
- Illinois Libraries Present and Family Action Network: Our partnerships with ILP and FAN broaden the library’s programming reach presenting high quality speakers' series, both virtually and in person. Always free and open to the public.
Interested in partnering with us?
WNPLD would love to be a part of your next community event! Please contact our Community Engagement Librarian Sydney Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss.